Active@ Kill Disk FREE version - Hard Drive Eraser
from Network Chico
You can now download KillDisk
(932 KB) directly from Network Chico
computer and network
Simply click on the download
button and save the software to your computer. If you download
this software please consider joining the Network
list. Thank you.
Active@ KillDisk - Hard Drive Eraser is powerful and
compact DOS software that allows you to destroy all data on hard
and floppy drives completely, excluding any possibility of future
recovery of deleted files and folders. It's a hard drive and
partition eraser utility.
If you use FDISK, FORMAT utilities, or DELETE standard operating
system command for data removal, there is always a chance to
recover deleted data (using undelete file or some data recovery software) and use against the
owner's will. We highly recommend you to run this FREE utility
for the hard and floppy drives you want to dispose of, recycle,
re-use, sell or donate to somebody.
Active@ KillDisk conforms to US Department of Defense clearing
and sanitizing standard DoD 5220.22-M. The most secure Gutmann's data destruction method is also
implemented. You can be sure that once you clean up with Active@
KillDisk, sensitive information is purged out forever.
This is security software for unrecoverable data elimination
for any computer capable of booting in DOS mode from floppy drive.
It uses access to the drives data on a physical level via
BIOS bypassing logical drive structure organization, thus it
does not matter what operating systems and file systems located
on the machine. It can work with DOS, Windows 95 / 98, Windows
NT / 2000 / XP, Linux, Unix for PC.
Active@ KillDisk FREE version features:
- Detects and displays information about all partitions, hard
disks and floppy drives currently connected to your computer
- Wipes out all floppies and hard disk drives completely by
secure overwriting data on physical level using [One Pass Zeros]
data destruction method
- Erases partitions, logical drives and even not used disk
- Erasing report is created and can be saved as a file
- Supports IDE and SCSI drives
- Supports larger than 128GB hard disks via using LBA(LBA48)
mode to access drive's data
- File systems (FAT, FAT32, NTFS, etc) on the drive do not
matter, detected physical drive is erased using low-level disk
- Double confirmation excludes possibility of accidental erasing
of data on a drive
- Very easy to use, utility has intuitive console interface
and command line mode for the advanced users
- Works on any system capable of boot from floppy in DOS mode
- Utility is so compact that can be placed on bootable diskette
and used from it. You do not even need to boot from the hard
drive to destroy it
- Cleans hard drive, floppies, etc.
- FREE product updates from the Web
Also available for download:
For more information visit: http://www.killdisk.com/